This Fri. 2/9 you can help spread love and kindness by joining the Volunteer Club at Miles Exploratory Learning Center. Miles Exploratory Learning Center is part of the Tucson Unified School District and is located near the UA Campus at Broadway and Highland. The school is unique in that it uses multi-age and multi-level classrooms and students can stay in the same room for two to three years. Also, students with hearing disabilities are co-enrolled in all grade levels making it a truly integrated learning environment. Here's a short video about their recent "no one eats alone" activity where students had to find a new friend to have lunch with: Miles ELC "No One Eats Alone" Day.
Volunteering at this event will involve:
- walking to Miles ELC (about a 20 min. walk from CESL each way)
- talking to students in various classes about your country/culture
- Benefits will include:
- getting plenty of English practice
- getting some exercise
- meeting other volunteers
- making friends
- helping children learn about the world!
This event is free to register for, but is a committment! If you sign up, please make sure you attend! Space is very limited. We'll rturn to CESL by around 2:30pm.
- Meet in front of CESL at 1pm on Friday, February 9th