Teach english abroad! Prepare with us!
The first 50-hour online TEFL course, or Fundamentals of English Language Teaching, looks at broader issues in EFL training, such the fundamentals of the English language, how language and culture are intertwined, and how first and second languages are acquired. It then focuses on the language classroom and examines issues such as the teacher’s role in the classroom, how to manage classes and groups of learners, and the interconnection of assessment with teaching and learning.
This course is meant to be combined with 50-hour TEFL 2 and 50-hour TEFL 3 for a 150-hour TEFL Certificate.
Next courses, dates, and deadlines:
All applicants should:
- Have at least an Associate degree or international equivalent or 2 years of college-level coursework completed.
- Have access to a reliable internet connection.
- To be accepted into any Teacher Training Program, applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate very independent English proficiency (B2 or higher according to the Common European Framework of Reference [CEFR]).
$335 tuition + $30 application fee + $20 technology fee
10% Early Bird discount applies if tuition paid 5 weeks in advance. 10% UA Affiliate discount applies to UA students, faculty, staff and dependents (as defined in the UA benefits policy).
At the end of this program, trainees will be able to:
- describe the fundamental aspects of language (e.g. syntax, lexis, etc.), as well as learning English as an international language
- analyze the interconnection of language, identity and culture and how they affect language learning and teaching
- identify and analyze various SLA models and approaches, and how they support and inform language teaching
- describe the qualities of a good teacher and how to use learner-centered teaching to create a communicative classroom
- create successful learning environments for students by understanding the influences and issues related to classroom management, and how to deal with them
- understand the interconnection of teaching, learning and assessment, as well as the purposes, functions, and types of languages assessments and tests
Questions about the course, your eligibility and potential job opportunities? Please contact us at:
Phone: +1 (520) 626-8449
If you need assistance with the application, please contact us at email@example.com or (520) 621-3637.