This web page has local and online professional development opportunities for language teachers and tutors.
Please note that the listings here are for informational purposes only. CESL does not endorse any particular listings.
- CERCLL offers a summer professional development workshop series. Information is available here: http://cercll.arizona.edu/summer-workshops-series/
- UA Human Resources offers several professional development workshops for UA employees http://hr.arizona.edu/employees-affiliates/professional-development
- UA Office of Instruction and Assessment (for UA faculty, ongoing professional development workshops) http://oia.arizona.edu/professional-development
- Recording of TESOL webinar Using Formative Assessment in the Classroom to Monitor Student Learning (no date, online) http://eventcenter.commpartners.com/se/Meetings/Playback.aspx?meeting.id=680565
- Professional development through Language Resource Centers is available here, including the LRC booklet with helpful professional information.
- UA's Writing Skills Improvement Program has free writing workshops as well as fee-based services http://wsip.arizona.edu/writing-skills-workshops
- Other upcoming AZTESOL conferences: Click here
- Information about the Arizona Council of Teachers of English: Click here
- TESOL Career Development resources: Click here
- CESL's bimonthly free Saturday language teaching workshops (for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Community teaching opportunities: Literacy Connects, the International Rescue Committee
- Some resources for mastering skills on technology, media, and instructional design (mix of free and paid):