WHAT: Come join your friends and classmates as we experience the beauty and history of the Grand Canyon--one of the seven natural wonders of the world!
DATES: Friday, October 20-Sunday, October 22
COST: $320 per person
(Fee includes bus transportation, GC park entrance fee, two nights double occupancy in hotel lodging near the Canyon rim, and entrance fee to Museum of Northern Arizona; it does NOT include food)
LODGING: Yavapai Lodge (very comfortable rooms amongst the trees and deer)
*Stop by the Student Learning Center (CESL 212 - SLC) or talk to Jim or Glen (CESL 200) for more information*
Friday, October 20th
7:00 a.m. Depart from flagpole behind Old Main
9:15 a.m. Rest stop north of Phoenix
11:30 a.m. Lunch in Sedona
4:00 p.m. Arrive at Grand Canyon
Free time. Shop for food supplies, watch sunset, eat dinner in hotel cafeteria
Saturday, October 21st
Free time. Hike, visit museums, shop at gift stores, watch the sunrise and sunset, ride shuttle along rim, take photos
Sunday, October 22nd
9:00 a.m. Leave Grand Canyon
10:30 a.m. Visit Museum of Northern Arizona in Flagstaff
12:30 p.m. Lunch at fast-food restaurants (Camp Verde)
5:30 p.m. Arrive back to the U of A
- Bring some warm clothing. The rim of the Grand Canyon is at 2,000 meters and can be cool at night, even in summer. Also, be prepared in case of rain. Bring comfortable walking shoes and a day pack. Also bring sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses.
- Bring money for food. You can use a credit card and there is also an ATM . There is a supermarket and cafeteria at the Grand Canyon. The price of food in the cafeteria and in the Sedona restaurants is more expensive than here in Tucson.
- During free time, you can choose to participate in the planned activities, like hiking or watching the sunset, or you may plan your own activities. Just tell the tour leader what your plans are.
- Please obey all hiking signs. Don’t leave marked trails.
- There is no internet access in the hotel rooms, but there is wifi in the cafeteria, which opens early and closes late.
THIS WILL BE A TRIP THAT YOU WILL REMEMBER ALL OF YOUR LIFE!
Space is very limited for this special activity, so sign up now to reserve your spot.
**There is currently only one (1) spot left for this trip. Due to rooming circumstances we are requesting a female participant.**