- CESL students who have completed levels 8 or 9 may apply for CESL Endorsement.
- CESL's Undergraduate Endorsement can be used instead of a TOEFL or IELTS score to meet UA's minimum English language requirement for full undergraduate admission to the UA, and fulfills all subsequent English requirements.
- CESL's Graduate Endorsement is accepted by many UA Graduate Departments as fulfillment of the minimum English language requirement. Graduate students should check with their department to verify acceptance of CESL's Graduate Endorsement instead of a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Endorsement decisions are made after final grades at the end of each 8-week session.
- Endorsement is valid for one year from the date of issuance.
- Endorsement is only available to full-time students.
- CESL's Undergraduate Endorsement: Full-time students in levels 8 or 9 can earn endorsement as follows:
GPA Requirement for Undergraduate
Endorsement from CESL
Advanced Track (no credit classes)
University Track (credit classes)
3.0 (B or better in university class)
2.5 (C or better in university class)
- CESL's Graduate Endorsement: Full-time students in level 8 or 9 must earn a high GPA demonstrate a high level of English proficiency in CESL in-house exams to earn CESL's Graduate Endorsement. See http://www.cesl.arizona.edu/endorsement-advisors and "graduate porfolio" below for more details
How to Apply
- Students who would like to apply for CESL's Undergraduate Endorsement must complete the Online Endorsement Application by the end of week 5 of the current session.
- Please note that there is a $25 fee to apply for CESL's Undergraduate Endorsement.
- Students must complete the Online Endorsement Application by 5:00pm on the Friday of week 5 to be considered for CESL's Graduate Endorsement.
- After completing the online application, students will receive an email notification during the session regarding with their writing and interview testing times and locations. Failure to complete the writing or interview will result in disqualification.
- Graduate-bound students must also have an authorized advisor in their intended graduate department complete the Graduate Approval Form to verify that CESL's Graduate Endorsement will be accepted. This completed form must be submitted to Steve Randall by the Friday of week 7.
- Please note that there is a $50 fee to apply for CESL's Graduate Endorsement.
- GPA Requirement
- Online Endorsement Application
- Field-specific timed writing (week 7)
- Field-specific oral interview (week 7)
- Feedback from each current CESL instructor (collected by the Endorsement Coordinator)
- After you receive endorsement, you must speak with Amber Tetreau-Segura, CESL’s Assistant Director of Admissions, Immigration and Student Services immediately to discuss your transfer and immigration options.
- Steve Randall, email@example.com