About the CESL Library
The CESL Faculty Resource Library contains approximately 6,000 items--including books, DVDs, and CDs.
The Library is for the use of CESL faculty, staff and ESL graduate students, current CESL and U of A students and the local ESL community. Local ESL volunteers are welcome to use the Library after applying to the Librarian. Reference service is available to all users during Library hours.
Borrowing materials: Most books and other items can be checked out from the Library during open library hours. Please see the Librarian or Student Library Assistant to check out books. All items check out for a period of three weeks. They can be renewed in person, by phone or by email.
Library Orientation Video
IRP Orientation Video
UA Libraries and Computer Labs
Libraries are an important part of your academic life at the university. Not only will you learn to use them for research and reference, but you will also find magazines and newspapers from your country. Although CESL student may not check matrials out of the library, they can use the facilities.
Pima County Public Library
CESL students can apply for a Pima County Public Library card. With the card they can check out materials from any branch of the public libary system. They can apply for a card at any library with some form of identification, such as a passport, and proof of an address here in Tucson, such as a lease or utility bill. See the web site at Pima County Public Library.
The two nearest branches of the Pima County Public Library are at Himmel Park at Tucson Blvd and Third Street and the Main Library downtown on Stone Ave. Bus number 4 or 5 going east can take you to Himmel Park and any of the buses going downtown can take you to the Main library. You can see other branches at Pima County Public Library Locations.
Did you know that a free Pima County Public Library card is your ticket to accessing countless online services that augment services offered by the UA Libraries? With your free PCPL library card you can access:
- Test Prep software (GRE, TOEFL, Nursing, Real Estate Exam, just to name a few)
- Language Learning Software (Rosetta Stone and Auralog for English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Russian and Spanish)
- Tutor.com (online tutorial help in math, English, chemistry and various social sciences areas from K-14)
- E-book downloads (including classics, contemporary fiction, nonfiction and selections from For Dummies series, and QuickStudy for Calculus, Chemistry, Accounting, Anatomy, and Psychology)
- Video downloads (including Hollywood hits, foreign flicks, and popular series favorites like "Antiques Roadshow" and "America's Test Kitchen" among many others)
Hours of Operation
- Monday- Thursday: 9:00-7:30
- Friday: 9:00-4:00
Location and Contact
- The CESL Library is located in Rm. 202-1, CESL building
- Mike Lindsey, CESL Library and Information Services Coordinator
- Phone: (520-626-2380)
- Email: email@example.com