Costs Table for Full Time Study in the Intensive English Program
The IEP program runs in regular sessions of two months. The summer sessions (June or July) can be taken in one-month sessions.
|Months||Tuition||Fees||Total Tuition and Fees||Estimated Books||Estimated Living Expenses|
Late Arrivals. Students are expected to report and register at CESL on the I-20 report date. If you cannot arrive on the arrival date, please contact CESL admissions office for advice. You may need to defer to the next available session.
Students who arrive late are subject to late fees and cannot be guaranteed ideal placement. There may be a shortage of class textbooks and late students cannot change class. Late students are subject to the same attendance and student regulations as those who arrive on time. Late arrival may affect the course grade and lessen chances to advance to the next level. Students who do not attend the full 8-week full-time session are not eligible for endorsement.
Late fees: Students arriving late are subject to late fees.
Late placement test $75.00.
Late Immigration Orientation $50.00.
Late registration on the first day of class 10% of tuition.
Students arriving on or after the first day of class are subject to substantial late fees.
If a full time student fails to enroll on time and accumulates excessive absences, his/her I-20 will be terminated.
Late arrivals, Finances, and Immigration
In order to begin classes, every student must either pay tuition and fees in full or present a current, valid financial guarantee for CESL.
If an IEP student fails to enroll in time and accumulates excessive absences, his/her I-20 will be terminated. If a student misses the first week, s/he has already missed too many classes by CESL policy and will not be permitted to enroll. Late enrollment is not possible after the first week and is discouraged in any case.
Transfer without enrolling
If you transfer to another program or school before you begin at least one session at CESL, there is a $500.00 transfer fee and limited refunds. To initiate the transfer we must receive the fee as well as the admission letter and transfer form from the new school.
Other Programs' Costs
- IEP Part time: $250 tuition per 30 hr class/$500 for 60 hr class + $50 application fee (90 hrs maximum enrollment)
- Evening Program: $250 tuition per class + $50 application fee
- Tutoring, General level: $175 tuition for 5 hrs or $300 tuition for 10 hrs + $50 application fee
- Tutoring, Elite level: $350 tuition for 5 hrs or $550 tuition for 10 hrs + $50 application fee
- Tutoring, Specific English skill packages: $370 tuition for 5 hrs or $650 tuition for 10 hrs + $50 application fee
- Online tutoring: The same costs above related to tutoring programs + $10 technology fee
- Teen English Program
- Teacher Training Program
Financial Aid, Loans, and Scholarships
There are many organizations and coorporations in the United States that offer financial help to international students. You must search carefully to find opportunities that you are qualified for. Follow the application procedures carefully.
- http://www.financialaidtips.org easy to understand and good glossary for financial aid terms
- http://www.finaid.org a comprehensive, annotated collection of information about student financial aid
- http://www.edupass.org information for international students thinking about pursuing study in the USA
- http://www.iefc.com International Education Finance Corporation (IEFC) has two programs providing financial assistance for international study
- http://www.aauw.org/3000/felgrawa.html AAUW Educational Foundation, a private source of funding for graduate women