The mission of the Center for English as a Second Language (CESL) at the University of Arizona is threefold:
1. To provide superior English language instruction to native speakers of other languages through quality teaching, a rich and engaging curriculum, and co-curricular support to prepare students for academic and professional success at the University of Arizona as well as for other academic, professional, and social settings.
2. To serve the linguistic and professional development needs of the University of Arizona and the greater global community by offering high-quality professional development and mentoring for teachers, supporting research in language learning, providing program evaluation services, and providing networking opportunities for educational professionals in order to help teachers and programs succeed in a wide variety of educational contexts.
3. To encourage respect for cultural and linguistic diversity through intercultural competence, professionalism, and collaboration both on and off campus in an effort to promote cultural understanding and overall student success.
The Best Choice!
- The only nationally accredited intensive English program in Arizona.
- Reasonable & Affordable costs
- Conditional Admission & Endorsement
- Located on University of Arizona Campus
- More reasons!
Located in the geographic center of The University of Arizona campus, CESL enjoys its own learning facilities dedicated exclusively to English language training, U.S. cultural studies and special programs. Campus map
In addition to our own facilities, CESL students have access to most university facilities.
Accreditation & Affiliations
All programs at the Center for English as a Second Language meet high standards of excellence, as CESL has been fully accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation. We invite you to learn more about our high-quality programs.
CESL operates a 19,547 square-foot building of classroom and administrative space in the heart of The University of Arizona campus. Its building has been recognized by the U.S. Registry of Historic Places for its intrinsic value and southwestern architectural beauty
CESL is proud of its state-of-the-art computer lab and extensive software collection. The Multimedia Language Lab has 26 workstations and an extensive software collection that students use for individual study.
The Ernestine A. Neff Memorial Library hosts a collection of 3,500 volumes and periodicals on ESL methodology, curriculum development, program management and instruction for teachers, as well as reading carts for extensive reading in the classroom.
The CESL librarian assists faculty and students with research and internet resources.
CESL provides special programs of English language instruction for companies and educational institutions in their home country or in Tucson. For information call 520-621-1362 or contact CESL by email firstname.lastname@example.org