Teacher Training Programs (TEFL)
The University of Arizona's Center for English as a Second Language (CESL) is proud to offer a range of programs to fit the needs of a diverse group of future English as a foreign language (EFL) teachers.
|Full TEFL||100||CESL||4 weeks (intensive)||$1600||100 hr TEFL Full Curriculum|
|TEFL Basic||50||Online||8 weeks||$590|
|TEFL Advanced||50||Online||8 weeks||$590|
|TEFL Practicum||20||CESL||16 weeks or fewer||$400||Year-round||
|Advanced Grammar for Teachers||30||Online||8 weeks||$350||TBA||
|Classroom Assessment||30||Online||8 weeks||$350||TBA|
* All courses require a $30 application fee + $20 technology fee.
Note: hours designated reflect contact time with instructor and do not include time spent on homework or other outside assignments. All courses run pending enrollment.
Benefits of a TEFL Certificate
Benefits of earning a TEFL certificate include
- International job opportunities; see the world - travel and work. Most jobs require at least 100-hour TEFL certificate. See the links below.
- CESL courses are offered both online and in class; teachers will have flexibiltiy in scheduling training.
- Course work can be completed within four intensive weeks - including practicum.
- Follow-up, on-line community discussions are available to encourage continued professional development.
All applicants should:
- Have at least an Associate of Arts degree or international equivalent or 2 years of college-level coursework completed
- Be competent in written and spoken English. Non-native English speaking students must demonstrate proficiency (B2 CEFR level) in one of the following ways: TOEFL iBT: 79 or TOEFL PBT: 550 or IELTS: 6.5 or Interview with coordinator
- At least 2 years of teaching experience or the 20-hour Practicum is required for enrollment in the TEFL Online Advanced and Classroom Assessment courses
- Be willing to work collaboratively
- Have access to a reliable internet connection for online certificates
Additional English Language Training at CESL Individuals or groups wishing to supplement their own personal English language skills may enroll in 4-16-week intensive English classes at CESL prior to starting the TEFL certificate program. Group discounts are available.
Discounts and additional information on costs
- Early Bird Special 10% (must register and pay in full 5 weeks prior to first day of class)
- UA affiliate discount is not applicable to TEFL programs
- There are no discounts for the 40-hr and 20-hr TEFL Practicums
- All fees and tuition must be paid in full by the discount deadline to be eligible for discounts
- Discounts webpage
- For refund and deferral policy, please click here.
Click here to visit our application site.
Teacher Development Links and Articles
What should I do to begin? click here
What qualifications do I need to teach? click here
How do I choose a TEFL training program? click here
What should I look for in a job abroad? click here
Where can I find a job? click here
University of Arizona Degree Programs
CESL's Resources for Teachers Links
Professional Advocacy http://capwiz.com/tesol/home/
Angel Steadman, Teacher Training Coordinator
Phone: +1 (520) 626-8449