The Intensive TEFL certificate course is designed to train aspiring teachers in the fundamentals of EFL teaching as defined by the TESOL position statement on TEFL/TESL/TESOL certificate programs. The Intensive TEFL certificate is an entry-level credential for teaching English abroad. The curriculum is grounded firmly within contemporary learning models that emphasize critical thinking and socio-constructivist interactional paradigms. It has been designed to not only give you the knowledge and information necessary to serve as an effective teacher of English, but also the critical insights, understanding and awareness necessary to question, articulate and employ these concepts via concrete applications.
$1,650 tuition + $30 application fee + $20 technology fee
- Summer 1, 2018: June 8th - July 7th, 2018 (Enrollment to be opened early 2018)
- Summer 2, 2018: July 6th - August 4th, 2018 (Enrollment to be opened early 2018)
By the end of this program, participants will thoroughly understand, articulate, demonstrate, and effectively evaluate:
- The fundamental models of second language acquisition theory and the pedagogical methods that are most effective in using such models
- The components and purpose of language instructional techniques and strategies as well as considerations for their application within the classroom
- The application of language learning and language teaching in the form of practical and sustainable lesson plans and activities in the classroom
- The location, creation, and adaptation of language learning materials and available technology for effective instruction
- Appropriate forms of assessment of language proficiency
All applicants should:
- Have at least an Associate degree or international equivalent or 2 years of college-level coursework completed.
- Have access to a reliable internet connection.
- To be accepted into any Teacher Training Program, applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate very independent English proficiency (B2 or higher according to the Common European Framework of Reference [CEFR]).
Phone: +1 (520) 626-8449
If you are coming from outside the United States, please click here for more information.